Thursday, January 7, 2010
Day 8
The first time I read this, I was on a short getaway back in October. I had wandered out on a 4-wheeler, several miles from the ranch house I was staying at. Coming upon a small fishing pond, I saw a 2-man fishing boat with a battery powered trolling motor attached...hmmm...looked like fun. So I hopped in, spun my way out into the center of the pond and just sat. It was around 7:30 in the morning, just after the sun had risen above the trees. In fact I remember feeling the sun's warm rays as they topped the trees and hit me in the face. The reflection off the water was too powerful to look at. And as I sat and meditated on Day 8, I got to the last paragraph. "come with all that is dark and cold in you into the sunshine of God's holy, omnipotent love, and sit and wait there, with the one thought: Here I am, in the sunshine of His love." I don't know about you, but the power of the sun reminds me, even if it pales in comparison, of the glory of the Almighty God...and that morning, I felt its warmth as I read about His love. What an amazing creation we have to enjoy! The Hebrew word for waiting used in Isaiah 40:31 ("those who wait on the Lord will gain new strength...) is a picture of a worker expectantly waiting for his wages...in full eagerness and confidence that they are coming. So it goes in our waiting on God. Murray says "we ought beforehand to resolve that [our waiting] shall be with the most confident expectation of God's meeting and blessing us." So what about us skeptics who are so often afraid of getting duped that we hesitate to hold out hope for something we can't control? Where's the proof that waiting is worth it? God is that proof. I am waiting on Him, and He never disappoints. I'm not waiting on me, my feelings or what I think is best. I am to wait on Him to discover who He is and what He is doing. That's the blessedness of waiting on God. It's not in vain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment