Show, Teach, Lead. OK, that's it. 'Nuff said.
Well, maybe not. Let's delve into this a little further. What are you talking about Scott? Psalm 25: "Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth." Aahh, now that makes more sense. Have you ever asked God for guidance? I know that where I am in life right now, it seems that this is my daily plea..."God, show me what to do!!" And then I wait, at least for a few minutes before I start thinking again, trying to make plans, contemplating Options A and B, and sometimes Z. But Murray reminded me that another part of waiting on God is waiting for instructions. He relates it to a military unit, waiting on orders from the commander. What unit would dare proceed without clear orders? But isn't it strange how often I take steps in one direction without really knowing, or at least sensing, that God is wanting me to go that way. I guess my inner GPS or compass is more trustworthy than Him? Murray's encouragement in relation to Psalm 25 is to "study it until your heart is filled with two thoughts: the absolute need, and the absolute certainty of divine guidance." See, part of my problem is that I don't always think I need God's direction...I've been down some roads a time or two, and seem to think I can predict the outcome or sidestep land mines on my own. But what ends up happening is too often disastrous. So I need to remind myself of the "need" for God's guidance, and then live with the confidence and promise from His Word that He will provide it, assuming that I am waiting on Him for it. This chapter reminded me that God ssssoooo much wants to love me and guide me in His ways. If only I would keep my eyes on Him and have a fully devoted heart. 2 Chronicles 16:9 says, "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him." Lord, I need to be strengthened today. May I wait on You.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment